“When you write a book, you spend day after day scanning and identifying the trees.
When you’re done, you have to step back and look at the forest.” ― Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
With our professionalism in proofreading and editing, we will scan your trees and ensure the high standards of quality of your book.
PROOFREADING & EDITING
- Editing – for consistency, tone, voice, plot, characterisation, etc.
- Proofreading – including reviewing spelling, punctuation, grammar, consistent font, and formatting.
When proofreading, the focus is on typographical errors. Proofreading requires a close-up look at the manuscript to spot even the smallest typographical and mechanical errors such as spelling mistakes, (missing) commas, erroneous spaces, inconsistencies in margins, and more. Proofreading is all about enhancing the quality of your book.
A copy editor not only checks for grammatical errors but also focuses on the continuity and consistency of the plot, the characters, and the language used. Are all loose ends tied up? The copyeditor’s job is not just to check grammar and spelling, but is about ensuring every element of the story to be consistent, cohesive, and complete.
Developmental (Full) Editing
Developmental editing is the most comprehensive form of editing where the manuscript in its entirety is reviewed; the focus is on the novel as a whole, the bigger picture and overall structure. The outset of the novel, the plot and character development, how the chapters are organized, the consistency of voice and ensuring that the language used, the style, presentation and content are all in line towards the novel’s intended purpose and readership.
Documents/blurbs/submission papers: General advice, concise feedback, or comprehensive analysis on format, content and wording.
Our professional writing-related services include but are by no means limited to:
- Consultation – advice, and a sounding board, on all kinds of creative writing, as well as on blurb, summary writing, and numerous other aspects of writing and communication.
- Writing – while the author’s focus is predominantly long-form copy, short stories and novels, we have experience in the creation of web content, white papers, articles, speeches, scripts, and presentations.
- Rewriting – Where necessary for projects, we can help rewrite or reword as needed.
For any rewriting, and/or academic papers, or specific writing services, please contact us by email.
TYPESETTING & FORMATTING for PAPERBACK & EBOOK
We will perfectly typeset your manuscript so all you have to do it upload the formatted document (pdf) into your KDP or IngramSpark author account to create a paperback and ebook in PDF format.
Formatting for Kindle and iBook store (.mobi and .epub) is a different process which requires starting over from the beginning.